What is SISTERHOOD…
- Women, Linking, Sharing, Living Vibrant Jewish Lives – L’dor v’dor
- Connecting to women of all ages and all levels of observance through exciting, fun and interesting programs
- Women connecting to our future through our ALIYAH Jewish Learning Scholarship
- Women connecting to our home observance whether learning a new way to experience a holiday or buying that special item in our JUDAICA SHOP
- Women connecting to our world through Sisterhood - WITHOUT WALLS and BA'OLAM
- Women connecting to our community through our TIKUN OLAM projects
- Women connecting to each other through friendship and bonding, creating that special support system that women have
SISTERHOOD - CONNECT TODAY
Annual dues are only $36 and you will always have a friend no matter where you go.
Mothers Circle PDX
Mothers Circle is a 16 week informational and empowering program for moms who are looking to increase their understanding of Jewish values and traditions. The program is designed for moms who are not Jewish but have a Jewish partner, or for moms who have chosen Judaism as an adult. Coordinated by Congregation Neveh Shalom and widely supported by Portland Jewish organizations and synagogues, this class is taught by Lois Shenker, community educator, life coach and author of "Welcome to the Family: Opening Doors to the Jewish Experience".
The 16 week class starts this fall. It is free with free childcare.
Join us for an upcoming info session:
Mothers Circle Info Session:
Sunday, September 22, 9:30am
Mittleman Jewish Community Center
6651 SW Capitol Hwy
Join us for:
Interfaith Curveballs- Navigating the Unexpected
Especially designed for families with one parent who is Jewish and one who is not, and who are choosing to raise Jewish children, this special Mothers Circle class will teach tools for making decisions as "curveball" situations arise. Learn how to navigate the unexpected more comfortably when choices have to be made.
Taught by Lois Shenker, Mothers Circle course facilitator, community educator and author of “Welcome to the Family: Opening Doors to the Jewish Experience”.
Monday,September 23, 7-9pm at TaborSpace
5441 SE Belmont St. Portland, OR 97215
Sponsored by Mothers Circle and PJ Library